Homeownership Month launches us into peak season
Happy National Homeownership Month, everyone. Every month is Homeownership Month at Framework, but we too are making an extra effort in June—which, not coincidentally, opens the peak homebuying season. Stay tuned to this blog for the duration, because we’ll be busy posting a lot of must-knows and must-dos.
We’re gathering up our best posts on homebuying tips and decision making. And to come is a new featured post with Sarah Gerecke, deputy assistant secretary for HUD’s Office of Housing Counseling, who talks about how to find homebuying advice you can really trust. Plus, we’ll be launching a new homebuying-team series: quick Q&As with lenders, agents, home inspectors, etc.
First up: peak-season pros and cons
The fact that you’re reading this suggests that you’re thinking about getting in on the peak-season action. So here’s some timely food for thought: What are the pros and cons of buying a home during this busy time of year?
The quick rundown:
- Pro: You can see the property better when there’s not 10 feet of snow on it (the amount that fell in Boston last winter).
- Con: You have to move fast.
- Pro: You’ll have more homes to choose from.
- Con: There may be less financial assistance available, because the fiscal year starts in July.
- Pro: You might have more cash. Did you get a spring tax refund?
- Con: It’s more of a seller’s market.
Check out last season’s full-length post for the details.